Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

27 Jun 2018

Maternal lineage continued...

In my last post, I spoke about the maternal generation of women in Sri Lanka that we had the pleasure of meeting. Since that posting, I have received Nicla on the left Great Grandmother passed away in late 2017. I recently received this photo below which includes Rocelin (2nd from the right) who passed away in 2017. She was the eldest member of these descendants.
Nicla, Dishna, Rocelin and Mercy.
Now back working on my manuscript the above photo brings to mind that I am unable to insert similar or images of my Maori maternal ascendants. Over time I have only seen one of father's mother, Keita and Koro Tere.  The whereabouts of this photo remain unknown. Therefore, I will need to be creative and sensitive to this while working with the material gathered.  

After our visit to Oscar and Dishna’s they transported us to a small garment manufacturer in the same village.  What an opportunity to see first-hand how this business ran its operations which employs local women and men.

Viti meeting employees 
Sureka, the supervisor of this workforce was generous with her information and informed that their products are distributed to local and export markets. Their workforce consists of 20-23 employees which include trainees. Sureka has been with the company for 16 years. The opportunity did arise to speak first-hand with the companies Manager/Owner. 

Sureka, Dishna and Viti
I look forward to sharing updates as I progress through my manuscript in the coming weeks and months ahead.

Take care in the interim.
Viti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.