Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

13 Jun 2021

A Pikoura Maori Carving Design


Apologies if you have already received this one...                                                                         

Bev Ryan Publishing recommended the above-carved symbol so symbolic as part of my forthcoming book design @  https://www.facebook.com/BevRyanPublishing.

“The Pikoura represents an eternal bond between people and cultures. ... This carved symbol is often gifted to close friends, family, or new cultures to signify a binding between two entities. It is the perfect gift for friendship, love and family to signify eternity and togetherness.” (Source unknown)

 It is a gift that our five grandchildren have or will receive when they turn 10 years old. Their paternal Grandfather Paul Simmons has re-introduced this symbol design for one of his granddaughters when she turns 10 years of age. Each grandchild is gifted with a symbol with consideration.

We are now in the design and layout phase of Book 3 and moving forward to my Perth Book launch date has been set for the 15th of August 2021 at the Perth Museum. RSVP 26th July 2021 viti@bearfruit.com.au

The ‘learnings’ have been numerous while researching and writing this book. Just how crucial social media platforms have been and realising that they are a preference for the majority I have communicated with. Communication through emails is not as productive so I needed to adjust my strategy to one of messaging through Facebook. This has proven to be highly beneficial.

Another useful approach when self-publishing has been to have a Book Launch date in collaboration with your publisher. This approach has worked for me as it keeps one’s, ‘foot on the pedal’ to ensure I reached my desired timeframe.  

I am in the process of populating new content for my Bear Fruit website (offline) in the next couple of months with new services. It is exciting to be back under my business umbrella and an opportunity to make resources available. I will keep you updated on when that will be. 

Viti Simmons

Founder of Bear Fruit 2008.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.